Saturday, January 16, 2010

Now Mark Strong in talks for Sinestro?

Martin Campbell laid to rest the rumors about Jackie Earle Haley playing Sinestro, the villian in the upcoming Green Lantern film. Instead, he gave us a nice piece of information. Here's what he told MTV:
No, that’s completely wrong…In fact, we’re in negotiations with Mark Strong to play Sinestro…He’s not only a wonderful actor, but he looks like Sinestro. If you look up old pictures of Sinestro, he’s very like him. The Jackie Earle Haley thing, somebody told me about it this morning; I had never heard it before in my life.
Wowzers! That's some awesome news. I'm a big big fan of Mark Strong. I loved his work in the less than stellar Body of Lies. He also stole the show in Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla.

Hopefully this is not just casting rumor, but fact pretty soon. We'll keep you posted on the Green Lantern updates, as they arrive.

No comments: