Monday, January 11, 2010

Quickie: Avatar breaks 1 Billion dollar mark

Was there really any doubt? I'm not posting because the picture did well... I'm posting because James Cameron IS as good as I thought. FattMatt and I had an "AtD" moment a few months ago when discussing Quentin Tarantino.

I accused him of kissing Tarantino butt, he accused me of the same when it comes to Cameron. Well; let's look at it this way. Cameron is the only director in history, to have TWO films top the 1 billion dollar mark. I haven't seen the film, FattMatt has; so I will not review in anyway; I'm just stating facts.

The movie is doing well, the same way Cameron's other billion dollar blockbuster did, Titanic. It's consistent and has taken the number spot for 2009 away from Revenge of the Suck. This movie could reach The Dark Knight and Titanic proportion. We'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...

Like I always say when you make one movie every 10 years you better make it count. I just don't see why this movie is so appealing to people. Maybe it's because I'm not a sci-fi fan, maybe it's because I like see real actors, but either way two thumbs way up to James Cameron for knocking this one out of the park.