Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quickie: Blake Lively cast in the Green Lantern


Blake Lively has just been cast as the Green Lantern's leading lady, Carol Ferris (who eventually becomes villain Star Sapphire). I know all the men are excited about this news, but I'm not. Maybe I'm the only one in the world that cares about acting ability. There's a notion!

A beautiful face is great and all, but really? Really? Acting ability should come into play. I've seen her work in Accepted starring Justin Long and Jonah Hill, as well as her work on "Gossip Girl". I have to say I'm not thrilled.

Plus, does this make sense alongside Ryan Reynolds? I don't think they match well. But who am I? Just a lowly blogger who loves movies, and comic books. I think Reynolds is too old for it to be believable. I think studios need to look at Jon Favreau's technique and start casting some Oscar caliber actors.

Gwyneth Paltrow is an Oscar-winning actress who did great in Iron Man. You believed she was in love with the Tony Stark character, but knew she couldn't do anything about. I don't know what else to say. The other actresses there were up for the role include some amazing actresses including Eva Gree, Keri Russell and Diane Kruger. Who do you all think should have been cast? I'm going with Kruger!

2 comments:

awohlers said...

How can you not be thrilled!? Look at her! Besides the fact that I think she will be perfect will Ryan Reynolds.

Anonymous said...

ryan reynolds old? he is only 33 and the man looks amazing!!!