Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tim Burton to direct a Sleeping Beauty remake?

Yeah, it looks like it's true. Tim Burton, who's retelling of Alice in Wonderland hasn't even hit theaters yet; is set to direct another Disney favorite, Sleeping Beauty. This time in live action of course. The movie is called Maleficent; and focuses on the evil fairy by the same name. I'm not sure if they're going to do a prequel of sorts, and show us why she is as evil as she is, or if it's a straight forward sequel.

The broadway play, "Wicked", focused on the Witches from The Wizard of Oz. Maybe Disney will take from the success of the play and do something along those lines. Either way, I think Tim Burton is the man for the job. My only criticism is that he should move on from Disney after Maleficent. I know his love and passion for art, animated, etc... but I wanna be selfish! I want to see more Sweeny Todd type of films. Not necessarily a musical, but live action fun from Burton and Depp. We'll keep ya posted as more news about this project comes up.

No comments: