Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Update: New casting for Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom

UPDATE: Jean Claude Van Damme has joined the cast of Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom. Also joining Van Damme will be Michelle Yeoh, and Victor Garber. Pretty interesting news; I wonder how Van Damme will perform as a voice actor. I don't recall any movie's he's lent his voice to, so this should be interesting. As far as Yeoh, I'm really not familiar with any of her work; and Garber is a great actor.


The title says it all, and we love it! Gary Oldman is joining the cast of Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom as a character named Peacock. Of course this film is the sequel to Dreamworks' mega-hit, Kung Fu Panda. Oldman has a great voice and I think he'll fit in nicely with the likes of Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Seth Rogen, etc.

I didn't see the first film in theaters. In fact, I didn't see it until I bought it on sale on DVD. I don't know why I waited; I suppose I didn't give Dreamworks much credit after the horrible Shrek The Third. But Kung Fu Panda is amazing. The fight sequences are better than a lot of live-action movies. This is cool news for the day.

No comments: