Thursday, May 27, 2010

James McAvoy is Professor X in X-Men: First Class

Heatvision had the scoop, and I love it! I love this casting choice. I'm a big fan of the versatile James McAvoy. I like a lot of his work. Everything from The Chronicles of Narnia to Atonement to Wanted; of very different roles. I wouldn't say he's an "underrated" actor by any means, but I wish he got more recognition for his work. His performance in Atonement is heart breaking and earned him a BAFTA Awards nomination for Best Leading Actor.

X-Men: First Class is going to be directed by the same man that brought us Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn. When we posted about Vaughn being hired, we knew there was going to be time constraints (the movie is set to be released in about a year). So casting is going to come fast and furious on this movie. I like the first choice here and hope the casting director continues in the same direction.

No comments: