Friday, July 9, 2010

Gillian Anderson Cast In "Johnny English" Sequel

Wait, there's a Johnny English sequel?! FatMatt came up to me 5 or 6 years ago and told me about a movie called Johnny English starring the always funny Rowan Atkinson. I trusted his judgment and bought the movie without ever watching it, and I loved it! Atkinson is so good as the goofy spy, not to mention the GORGEOUS Natalie Imbruglia acting rather than singing in the movie. The villain was so funny, and perfectly portrayed by John Malkovich.

The movie was great because it wasn't a complete spy spoof like the 'Austin Powers' movies were. There were realistic characters surrounding Johnny English the spy; he was just a moron. I really liked the movie and am curious about today's news. Gillian Anderson has been cast in the sequel. I have to admit I've never seen a single episode of "X-Files", or either of the two movies. I just have no desire for that type of material. And other than anything "X-Files" related, I don't know any of Anderson's work. We'll see what happens as the movie approaches. The article in Deadline had no other details.

No comments: