Monday, August 2, 2010

Robert Rodriguez Inching Closer to Directing "Deadpool"

The rumors are not new by any means, but it's still an interesting one. About two months ago I posted something about this. Robert Rodriguez is reportedly really close to signing on to direct Deadpool. He is just about to start filming Spy Kids 89 and is in post-production on Machete, so I'm not sure what the time frame is on this movie anymore.

Deadpool is set to star Ryan Reynolds, reprising his role from X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Reynolds is wrapping up his other comic-book gig, Green Lantern. Sooo when is this movie ever supposed to be made? Next year? 2012? I don't know if the studio wants to wait that long before Reynolds jumps ship.

I like Rodiguez, and hope he does the movie. It will make fanboys across the country go goo-goo over it. Some are hoping for a "cult" feel and tone to the movie. I say, make it an R-Rated Kick-Ass style action-comedy. It would really work for the character and Reynolds could easily pull it off. Either way, we have to wait and see.

1 comment:

FattMatt said...

I don't think Reynolds should have been Green Lantern.
I think he's perfect as Deadpool, though. He fits the personality so well.