Monday, August 16, 2010

Actor Cast in "Judge Dredd" Remake...

Well we knew they were remaking Judge Dredd, but we didn't know who would don the mask and ride the bike, until now. It's actually been rumored for a long time, but I didn't want to post until it was confirmed, and now it is. Empire magazine is confirming that Karl Urban will play the iconic comic-book hero.

Karl Urban is known for his roles in the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy and more recently in J.J. Abrams Star Trek. He definitely has the physique. Not ripped and ready to pop like Sylvester Stallone was, but big and tall. Urban is a fine actor and should be able to bring some emotion to the role, even if the character is emotion-less. I liked the previous incarnation, I don't know why exactly. It had its own charm despite all its faults. I still go back and watch it on DVD every few years. But I'm also excited about this remake. But not so excited about the 3D talk, booo!

1 comment:

FattMatt said...

I love the Stallone "Judge Dredd" and I'm looking forward to this one as well. I like Urban.