Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quickie: A Mark Ruffalo Stand-Alone "Hulk" Film?


Mark Ruffalo recently sat down with Empire and had this to say: "They set up several pictures over a couple of years and possibly there will be a Hulk movie. There'll probably be a couple more Avengers too, which would be fun."

I don't know what to think. I love the casting of Ruffalo for the Hulk in The Avengers movie, but I'm kind of burned out on the character all together. Maybe I'll feel different in 3 years after The Avengers has been released and everyone is singing its praises (or hates it).

Also, I think Marvel learned a lot and did some great things with The Incredible Hulk starring Edward Norton. I think they can build on that success and create another story worth telling where we actually care about the big green monster. Read Empire's entire article. He gives Norton some props as well.

Now rumor has it, and there's proof in the comics, that Hulk may be the villain in The Avengers. Check out The Ultimates series of The Avengers. This would be interesting to say the least; The Avengers assembling to take down one of their own. I could be wrong, because there's a rumor that Hulk's nemesis, Abomination, is the Avenger's main villain (he doesn't die at the end of The Incredible Hulk). Either way, I'm waiting to hear more details before I decide. What do you think about a Mark Ruffalo stand-alone Hulk film?

No comments: