Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Red Riding Hood" Trailer Gothic to Say the Least

We've covered Red Riding Hood quite a bit here on AtD. Since Leonardo DiCaprio's production company announced it, to Catherine Hardwicke directing, to Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman being cast to this: the first trailer. Click the jump to check out the trailer below and read some of my notes.


I have to admit, I didn't quite understand how they were going to make this work. I mean, a "Gothic" Red Riding Hood just seemed a bit weird, no? But after seeing the trailer I understand the direction they're headed. It's still not something I will go watch, but interesting nonetheless. I like the art direction and cinematography. The music is not my cup of tea, but its ok. The talent is there, the style is there, will the story be there? I doubt it. It looks like a mash-up of The Village and Twilight; fitting as the movie shares the same director as Twilight. I know I say it a lot, but we'll have to wait and see. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Albert said...

Wait...I don't get it.

Tony Sayegh said...

Me either Albert, me either.