Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Superman" Casting Rumors: Matthew Goode and Anne Hathaway? I Say McAdams or Bullock!

Matthew Goode for Superman; Anne Hathaway for Lois Lane? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't the fans have a say in this? Let's take Matthew Goode for example. Ok, he's been a superhero before. He was one of the best additions to the new Superman director, Zack Snyder's Watchmen. I can see that a director and an actor want to work together, ok. I also understand that they're going for a younger version of the hero. But, in my opinion, Goode is a relative unknown.

I've written about it a million times on this blog, I don't want to see another "unknown" play Superman. Enough of that crap. I want to see a strong, built, A-list actor carry the franchise beyond Superman: The Movie. 1978 was a long time ago. The director of that film, Richard Donner had an unbelievably difficult task at hand. He had to discover the actor set to play one of the most recognizable characters in the history of man. Really an unknown was the only way to do it. Clear the audience's minds of any preconceived notions of what the character looked like. It's not 1978 anymore.

I've spent enough time on Mr. Goode. Now, to my other gripe. Anne Hathaway for Lois Lane? Really? Like, really? In my opinion.... she's one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood. Yes, I mean that. What has she done that has earned her the critical success she receives? The Princess Diaries? Disney camp. Rachel Getting Married? As over-rated as she is. Please don't say Get Smart? I don't need to say anything.

Listen, how about Rachel McAdams?! If they're truly going younger, how about her? She's smart, sexy and can easily be a convincing reporter. She played a blogger once, does that count? If Snyder and producer Christopher Nolan go a bit older, I've got that covered as well! Jon Hamm has been rumored to play the Man of Steel; what about Sandra Bullock as Lois Lane? Huh? Huh? She's amazing and has never really done a franchise type film. I want to see her and Hamm saving the world! What do you guys think of my casting ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're wrong about Matthew Goode. He'd be perfect as Superman. He's not some unknown actor either. He's simply on his way up to being a megastar. He's one of the best actors around. I don't get your thought about having a big star play the part. I'm sick of seeing the same people all the time.

Tony Sayegh said...

Yes, he is a good actor. But this is Superman, not Watchmen. Please explain "seeing the same people all the time". You mean seeing A-listers in A-list movies? So you think an unknown is the way to go? Because Goode is more known than Routh was.