Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Uncharted" Movie with Wahlberg, De Niro and Pesci?

We all know directors like working with actors they've worked with before; so a new rumor about the Uncharted movie comes at no surprise. Mark Wahlberg as Drake? Pretty cool casting huh? But again, not a huge surprise. What WILL surprise you is the following.

There was a crazy rumor online that Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci were also set to star in the film. I don't know much about the game, but I'm assuming as a father or uncle or whatnot. That rumor died really quickly. BUT! Wahlberg revived it when he was asked about taking on the role of Drake, and here's what he said:
That’s who he wants to write the parts for. I talked to Pesci about it and I know David’s people have talked to [Robert De Niro]… I’m obviously in whatever David wants to do it but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It’s not going to be the watered-down version, that’s for sure.
Whoa, the rumors were true? Or they weren't? I don't know what to think anymore. Still sounds pretty interested. David O. Russell is getting a lot of attention for the Wahlberg and Christian Bale starring The Fighter. The movie is getting some pretty amazing reviews, and will surely be a favorite come Oscar season. So what do you think about Wahlberg, DeNiro and Pesci in a video game adaptation?

No comments: