Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Look at Both Spider-Man and Captain America!

Click to see a much larger version of the pictures
Pretty awesome huh? Our first look at Marc Webb's Spider-Man! The picture above is that of Andrew Garfield in the first official photo of the web-slinger. I have to tell you, I like the direction it's headed. I read a lot of sites online today and they all seem to think the suite looks "more homemade". I disagree. Not too many high schoolers Peter Parker's age know how to make something look that good.

Second thing I noticed took me by surprise! Look at the back of Garfield's wrists.... there are nozzles there for his web to come out. See, in the original comics, his web was artificial, not organic like it was portrayed in the Sam Raimi trilogy. This is a pretty cool throwback for the fans, and helps to differentiate the film from its predecessor.

Then there's this gem! The first official photo of Chris Evans as Captain America! I have to tell you, I didn't like it the first second I looked at it. I thought it was too bright and too vintage (if there is such a thing). But after looking at it a bit more, I think it's great. I think it only appeared to be too bright because of the soldiers behind him dressed in black, as well as the black truck.

The shield is a bit deceiving. We know Tony Stark builds Captain America's shield, they gave it away in Iron Man 2; so is this it? Its important to note that Captain America: The First Avenger will take place years ago, before our hero gets frozen. BUT, we know S.H.I.E.L.D. unfreezes him and brings him into The Avengers. So this may be a shield prior to the freeze, or Stark's shield, made of adamantium. Love it, sign me up!

No comments: