Friday, January 21, 2011

Wow, Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises; Tom Hardy will play Bane

A fan made mock-up

Remember the rumor about Megan Fox playing Catwoman?  Remember the Angelina Jolie rumor?  Yeah, I do.  Well, all the rumors can be laid to rest, Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle aka Catwoman... and I hate it.  If you've ever, EVER read this blog, and see Anne Hathaway's name, it's usually in a negative light.  She is the undisputed, most overrated actress in Hollywood.  I just keep saying to myself... 'Director, Christopher Nolan has never let you down'.  I have to believe he made the right choice for the film.

Last week I posted about the 6 women vying for 2 major roles.  We knew Hathaway was in the running, but all along we thought the roles were that of Talia al Ghul and reporter Vicki Vale.  Not so.  It's official, the first of two lead female roles is Selina Kyle. 

Along with the casting of Hathaway, we now know who Tom Hardy will play in The Dark Knight Rises.  Hardy will play the second villain, BaneHardy was cast back in October; but no one knew who he was going to play in the film.  Most people guessed Dr. Hugo Strange or Black Mask.  Both characters seemed to fit in Nolan's "real world". 

The internet/Twitter/blogs all went nuts at the announcement.  Nolan was bound to choose a lesser known villain that the Batman films in the past.  But Bane was already portrayed (horribly) in Batman & Robin.

Bane was created in 1993.  He's both brilliant and has superior strength to Batman.  He was a prisoner at one point; and the aforementioned Dr. Strange tested a new drug called "venom" on him, which acted as a steroid.  So maybe Dr. Strange will still be a player in the film, maybe even a cameo.

Like I said about Nolan before, I trust him, unquestionably.  So I know he'll find a way to make this work! 

Want to see some Irony at it's best?  Check out the picture to the right.  It's a fan made poster of Bat Girl, featuring none other than Anne Hathaway.  Considering it was on the internet soon after The Dark Knight was released in theaters, that's some irony!  Hate it or love it, Hathaway is in the film.

2 comments:

FattMatt said...

For the record, I think Hathaway will do a fine job.

FattMatt said...

Also, after The Joker, Bane is my favorite Batman villain. I cannot wait for a picture of Hardy in costume.