Monday, February 7, 2011

Our favorite Super Bowl movie trailers

The Super Bowl came and went, and my boy Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers did NOT disappoint!  The Super Bowl isn't just for the game anymore, it's the movie trailers as well!  And below, you'll see our favorites and why, check it out!


Captain America
This list isn't necessarily in any order, but the Captain America: The First Avenger, was by FAR my favorite of the day!  We got to see Chris Evans as a scrawny, short soldier who could never be the 'Cap.  We see him enter the serum process and come out as ripped as I've ever seen Evans.  Equally as awesome, albeit a half second, was Hugo Weaving as Red Skull, awesome!  Never was a fan of the 'Cap when it came to the comics, but I'm really getting pumped for this movie.  Click the jump to see the trailer for the film as well as the other trailers we fell in love with during the Super Bowl.






Thor
I gotta say, I was a little disappointed... just a little.  There was indeed new footage in this trailer, especially of Thor on Earth, and that is a good thing.  I am not as anxious to see this one as I am 'Captain', but I will give director Kenneth Branagh credit for creating a world for Thor to exist.  Great special effects and the stunningly beautiful Natalie Portman... I'm sold!



Transformers
It is absolutely no secret to anyone who reads this blog how much Matt and I hated Revenge of the Suck.  The fact that a franchise could be tainted by the crap they called a film, is unforgivable.  I'm serious by the way... unforgivable.  I will not go see this in the theater as a personal boycott against making sequels just for the sake of making sequels.  Michael Bay has so much to learn, he should take a lesson from Christopher Nolan; if you don't have any idea how to improve on the predecessor, don't make it!  I will tell you the trailer is kick ass, and that is all.




Fast Five

I put up the poster a few days ago and spoke about how much I enjoyed the previous 'Fast and the Furious' film.  With the original cast returning, this trailer looks awesome!  I will tell you this; the filmmakers don't seem to be focusing so much on the car upgrades as much as they did in the previous films.  Which is ok by me.  I love the action in this trailer, check out the jump featuring Paul Walker and Vin Diesel, awesome!  I also think Dwayne Johnson will be playing his old self, as a bad ass FBI agent.  Enjoy this one.



Cowboys & Aliens
I'm gonna come off as a jerk... not impressed.  Matt loved it so I told him I'd post it.  To me, it's ho-hum.  Nothing really stood out as 'different' from anything I'd ever seen before.  It visually looks like I've seen it before and there is not a sign of real acting going on.  After the world premier trailer, I was really disappointed.  So I was looking forward to this trailer, but no... nothing.  I may not even see this in theaters.  Just sayin'. 




Kung Fu Panda 2
I absolutely loved the first Kung Fu Panda!  I didn't see it in theaters, and I didn't see it when it first came out on DVD.  But boy oh boy when it hit the premium cable channels.  I couldn't get enough of it.  I would finish it whenever I caught it while flipping through the channels.  Check out the sequel, same tone, same characters, same laughs.  Dreamworks has stepped up its game the last few years, it really has.  Remember the days of Shrek 3, as well as A Shark's Tale?  They've come a long way since those disasters.  How to Train Your Dragon is nominated for an Oscar, as was the first Kung Fu Panda.  As much as people hate Jack Black's acting, they can't deny his voice over skills.  Enjoy!


And that's all for now kids.  Another year, another awesome Super Bowl filled with a movie lovers dream.  There were of course more trailers, but to me, these stood out.  Check out the Super 8 trailer too, it was interesting to say the least. 

1 comment:

Interesting facts said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
Super Bowl 2013| Super bowl commercials 2013