Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Writer hired for Mark Millar's comic book, "Nemesis"?

Latino Review reported on this a few days ago, and I've been too busy to post my thoughts.  Matthew Michael Carnahan, has been hired to write the script for Nemesis, the Mark Millar comic book.  We already knew Tony Scott was set to direct, now Carnahan is writing. 

Matthew is brother to A-Team director, Joe Carnahan.  Matthew has an interesting resume.  He's written such films as The Kingdom, Lions for Lambs and State of Play.  Do you know what I universally hated about all three of those films?  The writing!

I think Carnahan is the absolute wrong choice for an action adventure film.  I mean, Nemesis has an amazing premise and I've read all the books, it's an amazing piece from Mark Millar.  Millar has been made famous by other comic books he's written that have become Hollywood hits, such as Wanted and Kick-Ass.

What if Bruce Wayne was The Joker?  In other words, what if a billionaire playboy did bad instead of good?  THAT is what Nemesis is all about.  Can Carnahan really write something like this?  I don't think he can.  This is still rumor, but so was the Tony Scott rumor that has since become fact.  I hope its not true, but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: