Friday, April 8, 2011

The Crow reboot gets a director

Wait, this idea has been announced since October of 2009?  Yeah, that's the first time I posted about a possible reboot to the Brandon Lee starring, The Crow.  A rumored director here, a lead actor there, and badda bing, badda boom, it disappeared. 

Well it's been brought back to life this week with this news... the film is set to be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, who directed 28 Weeks Later.  

The producers gave some insight into the setting of the film, U.S. Mexico border.  The production is set to start in the Fall of this year (I'm assuming a Summer 2012 release).  Last time I posted about the movie being rebooted, I had a great idea, and I'm going to stick by my idea.

What about rebooting the film with a female lead?  More specifically, Milla "Badass" Jovovich?  I'm telling you, the movie will be so much more intriguing if it's a female lead hellbent on revenge and retribution.  It may sound a lot like Alice from the Resident Evil franchise, but this is different.

I hope someone in Hollywood brings this up and the idea is considered.  Any takers?

No comments: