Monday, April 4, 2011

Sean Hayes cast as Larry in The Three Stooges

It was only a matter of time!  Last week, Will Sasso was cast as Curly from The Three Stooges.  Today the curly haired stooge, Larry, has been cast.  He will played by the hilarious Sean Hayes!

I love this choice.  I must admit, I didn't see this one coming at all, but I love it!  "Will & Grace" was one of my favorite sitcoms on the air, despite its cheesiness.  One of the main reasons I watched the show was Hayes character of Jack.

Since the show was retired/canceled, Hayes has been in a few movies.  His role in the Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman film, The Bucket List was a good one.  He is a talented actor.  But that's not the only reason this casting works for me, there's more. 

Hayes' size, physically makes sense up against Sasso as Curly.  He is a bit shorter than average and has a slender body; it's going to look great if he gets to beat up on Sasso a bit in the film.

Also, Hayes is musician!  Which, guess what, so too is the character of Larry.  This is great casting by the Farrelly Brothers; for a movie that I all but lost interest in.  So, I've made it clear I love this casting.  How about you all?  Did you see someone else playing the fro haired violinist? 

No comments: