Friday, April 8, 2011

Warrior trailer... looks amazing!

This trailer look sick!  Wow!  I know I usually wait until after the trailer to comment, but I have to tell you... it's amazing!  Tom Hardy of Inception fame plays a war veteran trying to find himself after life in the military.  His brother, played by Joel Edgerton, is a teacher trying to provide for his family.  They both train and join a mixed martial arts tournament.  Check it out...


So what you think?  The movie is directed by Gavin O'Connor.  O'Connor directed one of my favorite sports films, Miracle, the Disney film based on the 1980 U.S. Olympic Hockey team.  I'll let that movie stick out in my mind, rather than the terrible, Pride and Glory, which O'Connor also directed. 

Warrior looks to be a uplifting, inspirational film with plenty of heart.  Tom Hardy is quickly becoming a star in Hollywood, and rightfully so.  He has drawn a lot of attention in the last two years, and this film looks to raise his star power even more.  So, sign me up, I will pay to see this film!

No comments: