Sunday, May 1, 2011

Galifianakis gone, but Jeff Bridges in for R.I.P.D.?

It was no more than a few months ago, there was talk of Zach Galifianakis joining the Ryan Reynolds comic book adaptation, R.I.P.D. But now it seems that he's leaving the project.  I read the reason for Zach man leaving the project was due to Reynolds schedule being so 'up in the air'.  I guess some of that is true.  Considering Reynolds has the Deadpool movie that's set to start production (check the next post about that), he also has Green Lantern sequels in pre-production.

So who will replace Galifianakis?  How about Oscar winner Jeff Bridges?!  I'll buy that for a dollar.  Bridges is in early talks to take over the role.  Nothing is final, but it's kind of a cool story.  I was bummed to hear about Galifianakis leaving because I believed he would have been great.  He looks the part and has the comedic chops to keep up with Reynolds.  But Bridges is an established actor and will give Reynolds a nice balance between the comedy and the seriousness of the material.

R.I.P.D. is about cops policing the dead in the underworld.  Pretty cool premise and they've got the director of RED to lead them!  Robert Schwentke is set to direct the movie which will probably be released sometime in late 2012, early 2013.

No comments: