Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Help poster and trailer


I'm sorry, I had to.  My wife is a huge fan of the book and I promised her I would post these.  The Help stars Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Viola Davis, Sissy Spacek and more.  It's based on the best selling book by Kathryn Stockett.  Here's the official synopsis:
A look at what happens when a southern town's unspoken code of rules and behavior is shattered by three courageous women who strike up an unlikely friendship.


Now, I haven't read the book, I can only speculate based on the trailer to the FILM.  Interesting premise that looks so horribly executed.  In the words of my wife, "They just killed the entire enjoyment of the book for me with that trailer".  Now now, we have to wait and see the movie first dear.

But it does look over the top and I don't think the book was written that way.  The tone looks all wrong to me and Dallas Bryce Howard, the antagonist, just comes off like a cartoon.  I don't know, I probably wont end up seeing this movie... "make it a girls night babe" ;0)

No comments: