Sunday, June 19, 2011

Moneyball trailer, next sports film to win Oscar gold?


I love sports films.  In 2009 we got The Blind Side.  In 2010 we got The Fighter.  Both of those films went on to win Oscar gold.  Well this year, it's Moneyball vying for Oscar nominations.  The movie stars Brad Pitt as the General Manager of the Oaklands Athletics baseball team.  He is setting out to change the way players are recruited into a system that has not changed in over a hundred years.  Check out Pitt and Jonah Hill in the trailer below, then read my thoughts.


Looks good right?  Critics and movie goers alike, enjoy sports themed films.  Baseball related films do especially well (remember Field of Dreams).  I like the tone and pacing from what I can tell in the trailer.  Pitt will be a nice fit for the role.  I like Philip Seymour Hoffman as the A's manager, Art Howe too. 

No comments: