Friday, August 5, 2011

First official photo of Anne Hathaway as 'Catwoman' in The Dark Knight Rises; hmm...

In Nolan I trust folks, but this has got me scratching my head.  Christopher Nolan would never steer us wrong right?  I remember when Anne Hathaway was cast as Catwoman in the third film of the Nolan directed trilogy, did-not-like-it!  I still don't like the actress at all.  And now this...

The first official photo of her as Catwoman has been released, and it's underwhelming to say the least.  I'm trying to be unbiased and keep an open mind, but damn it it's hard.  I don't like it.  It's my blog, it's my opinion, I don't like it!  Haha.  The fact she's riding the Batpod is interesting.  After all, Catwoman is a thief and would be the type to steal it from Batman.  Then again, she could be assisting him, she's done that in the comics as well.

As far as the photo, I don't like the glasses/goggles, the blue LED lights or the simple black suit.  Granted, we need to see moving pictures to get a better idea of what Nolan is going for, but I don't like it.  It appears to be Trinity from The Matrix films.  I can't believe the backlash online, I really thought I was going to be the only who didn't like it.... guess I'm not alone!

No comments: