Saturday, January 28, 2012

UPDATE: Javier Bardem will voice the villain in Despicable Me sequel


JANUARY '12:  It was too good to be true.  Bardem is busy filming the next Bond film, Skyfall.  Most likely due to scheduling, Bardem has dropped out of Despicable Me 2.  We'll see who replaces him. 

Steve Carell and Despicable Me were big winners at the box office a few Summers ago.  I absolutely loved the film.  It was a great movie with an original idea.  Ironically, my only complaint about the first film was the villain!  Jason Segel voiced the villain, Vector.  I didn't like Segel's voice acting or the way Vector was treated on screen.

If anyone agrees with me, they'll enjoy this news tidbit.  Academy Award winner, Javier Bardem, has been cast as the villain in the sequel.  He has quickly become one of the top actors in the game the last few years, and with good reason.  His role as the villain in No Country For Old Men was mesmerizing.  Hopefully some of that rubs off on his voice acting.  So what do you think about Bardem being the villain?  Hit me up on Twitter and let me know.

No comments: