Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Julia Roberts' Mirror Mirror trailer, the OTHER Snow White movie


Just a few days ago the trailer for Snow White and the Huntsman premiered.  I was very impressed with the retelling of the original Snow White story.  I also mentioned that 'Huntsmen' was only one of three Snow White films being worked on.  The second?  Mirror Mirror, the Lily Collins, Armie Hammer and Julia Roberts starring film.  Check out the trailer below and my thoughts after.



Very different from the 'Huntsmen' trailer huh?  I must say I liked it.  The trailer obviously focuses on Julia Roberts' Evil Queen role.  We barely see Lily Collins as Snow White, or her 7 dwarfs.  It has a much more whimsical, humors tone to it than it's competitor.  I understand these are two very different films, but it's nearly impossible not to compare them.  And If I MUST compare them, I'd go for 'Huntsmen'.  Mirror Mirror feels too much like a live-action version of the Disney animated classic.  Which is ironic because there is a 3rd version about to start production from Disney themselves.  So what do you think?  Yay or nay on Mirror Mirror?

No comments: