Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christian Bale drops out of Darren Aronofsky's Noah, Michael Fassbender in?


I haven't really been following the progress of Darren Aronofsky's next film project, Noah; but it's a re-telling of Noah's Ark.  There's a reason for that... I did not like Black Swan at all.  Contrary to a lot of people's opinions I'm sure.  If you want to read why, check out my review.  But back to Noah.

There was a lot of talk that Christian Bale would be playing the titular character, and he has since dropped out.  Bale is a hot commodity in Hollywood right now; so I'm not completely surprised he had a scheduling conflict.  After his Oscar for The Fighter, there's a long list of projects in his future.

As the internet tends to do; it went nuts with new rumors that may or may not be true.  The latest is that Michael Fassbender is taking over the role.

2011 has quickly become the year of Fassbender, and I'm ok with that!  After Jane Eyre, X-Men: First Class, A Dangerous Method, Shame and Haywire, I'd say he's had a good year!  So maybe this rumor isn't true, but I hope it is.  I've been saying all year; hopefully Fassbender doesn't take the Sam Worthington route to obscurity.  Worthington was the "it" guy a few years go. But he consistently turns in stale performances with little to no emotion.  With the recognition Fassbender is receiving for Shame, I doubt that will happen to him.  Here's hoping it wont!

No comments: