Sunday, December 4, 2011

First unofficial photo of Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln


It's been over a year since I posted about Daniel Day-Lewis replacing Liam Neeson as Abraham Lincoln in the aptly titled film, Lincoln.  The movie has been an on-again, off-again project in Hollywood; but it is most definitely on.  The film is to be directed by Steven Spielberg, and should start filming soon.

We know Day-Lewis is an incredible actor who immerses himself in his roles.  He basically becomes the characters.  I have no doubt he will kill it as the United States' 16th president.  I still don't know much about the film, as far as what it will be about.  Will it be a full biopic?  Focus on Lincoln's presidency?  Slavery?  Just his last year?  We'll have to wait and see.  All I can say is this: I wish I took any job I've ever had as seriously as Day-Lewis does acting.

1 comment:

AE said...

That shoulde Be a great fit.