Saturday, September 22, 2012

42 trailer; the Jackie Robinson biopic



42 is the incredible true story of baseball legend, Jackie Robinson.  Robinson broke the color barrier in a sport that was unwelcoming at the time.  The film stars Harrison Ford sporting some serious prosthetic, and Chadwick Boseman as the legend himself.  Take a look at the trailer below and my thoughts after.


Does Warner Brothers know how to make an Oscar darling or what?  I really like the tone of the picture.  It feels like a biopic, which could be good or bad to some.  But it appears to convey what the change in the sport meant to our country as a whole.  I'm not sold on Harrison Ford until I see some more footage; but as long as he doesn't phone in his performance like he does in every other film, I'm ok.  We'll have to wait almost a year for this one, so be patient friends.  I'll let you know when more is released.

No comments: