Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Iron Man 3 poster and trailer


It's time!  The first trailer for Iron Man 3 has arrived, and it's a doozy.  There are a few new additions to the threequel.  Director of the first 2 films, Jon Favreau has gracefully exited the franchise; making room for Shane Black to take over.  Actors Guy Pierce, Rebecca Hall and the great Sir Ben Kingsley are also new to the comic book franchise.  Veterans, Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle return.   Check out the trailer below and my thoughts after.

   

Much darker than you expected huh?  Because of its serious tone, fans have dubbed it, 'The Iron Man Rises'.  I thought that was great.  It is definitely not the same Tony Stark/Iron Man we've seen in the first two films, or in The Avengers.  And I'll be the first to say it... that may not be a good thing.  What I loved about Iron Man was, tonally he was somewhere between The Dark Knight and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man.  Not has dark and brooding as Batman, but not nearly as campy as Spider-Man.  Is that the case here?  I don't know, it's too early to tell.  I'm not the biggest fan of the Iron Patriot armor either.  I think it looks cheap and cheezy, in comparison to the Iron Man suit.  I'm also curious how the filmmakers will make Ben Kingsley's villain character, The Mandarian, work in the real world.  Either way, the trailer has hit and the anticipation for the film is through the roof.  What do you think?

No comments: