Monday, October 1, 2012

Matt Reeves taking over directing duties for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes


Matt Reeves is taking over as director of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.  Today comes confirmation he's picking up where Rupert Wyatt left off.  Wyatt directed the very successful, Rise of the Planet of the Apes starring James Franco.

Reeves' claim to fame is Cloverfield, the J.J. Abrams produced monster flick, and Let Me In, the Chloë Grace Moretz starring horror film.  I never saw Let Me In, but I did not enjoy Cloverfield at all.  The monster film was more annoying than innovative to me.  However, I loved 'Rise'.  It was such a refreshing reboot of a franchise I never cared for.  I'll be interested to see what he can do with the sequel. Does anyone else want Wyatt to come back?

No comments: