Friday, October 12, 2012

The Lone Ranger trailer; NOT what I expect!


This movie has been rarely talked about on this blog.  And if it has been mentioned, it's never a good light.  Not because I wrote off the film, but the drama behind the scenes can not be ignored.  The film is directed by Gore Verbinski and stars Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp.  Now here's the trailer below.  Check it out and read my thoughts after.

 

I. Am. In! I never pictured the film could look this good. Granted it's too early to tell what the final product will look like, but as far as a trailer, I love it. The tone, cinematography and set pieces have me sold. I thought it was going to be a campy version of the television show, and I don't think it's going to be at all. I like the story formulating around the construction of the railroad system, very clever. I don't know how the lone ranger's mask will hold up in the final cut, but I guess alongside Depp's face paint, it's not too bad. I'm in.

1 comment:

robert mchammel said...

your right not what i expected at all!!