Friday, November 2, 2012

Frank Grillo cast as Captain America villain, Crossbones

Got some pretty cool news for all of you Captain America fans.  The sequel to the hit comic book film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, has cast Frank Grillo.  Grillo will play a prominent villain, Crossbones.  The actor has a pretty extensive resume, but most people have seen him in the last 12 months in one big hit, and one big sleeper.  The hit being The Grey, starring Liam Neeson.  The big sleeper is what has me excited about the news; he starred as a trainer/mentor in last years, Warrior.

I must admit, I haven't seen a lot of his TV credits, but the two movies above have me sold!  Grillo's character in The Grey showed hints of a troubled past, a tortured soul if you will; something that will play perfectly for a comic book movie villain.  His role in Warrior showed he could sit passenger and let another actor take the lead.  Again, something important in a comic book movie.  I'm very excited about this casting. Director brothers Anthony and Joe Russo have me sold!

No comments: