Friday, November 2, 2012

Jamie Foxx cast as The Amazing Spider-Man 2 villain, Electro?


Jamie Foxx is in negotiations for the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man; the hugely successful reboot directed by Marc Webb, starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.  In interviews today, Webb all but confirmed the rumors; saying he has 'electric' news about Foxx joining the comic book franchise.  The villain, Foxx is said to be playing?... Electro.

While I don't know much about the villain in the Spider-Man universe, I know the actor.  Foxx is a gifted actor.  Films like Ray, Horrible Bosses and Law Abiding Citizen made me a fan for life.  Those films show the actor's wide range.  He is a character actor that can do it all.  I find it a bit difficult picturing him in a comic book film, but I said the same thing about Heather Ledger once, and we all know how that turned out!

I'm great with this news, and look forward to seeing this character on the screen.  And what Foxx can bring to the role.

No comments: