Saturday, November 17, 2012

Now You See Me trailer, a heist film with a group of magicians


How about a movie directed by Louis Leterrier, about a group of magicians, who pull off a heist to steal from the rich and give to the poor?  That awesome premise, with this cast... Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, and Common.  Whoa!  Just check out the trailer for Now You See Me, and read my thoughts after.


I can't help it, I'm a sucker for magic, and for heist movies.  Now You See Me obviously offers both.  I really like the light comedic tone; similar to Tower Heist.  But there's also a darker undertone, similar to The Prestige.  I love the main cast.  Eisenberg and Harrelson have already worked together in Zombielandand that was a great action-comedy film.  Fisher and Franco have also done some great comedic work (Wedding Crashers, 21 Jump Street).  Three of my favorite actors are also in the film: Caine appears to hire Freeman to uncover the magicians' secrets.  And Ruffalo appears as a hot headed cop chasing the quartet.  

Leterrier knows how to direct action films (The Transporter, Clash of the Titans).  This movie appears to have plenty of action.  Let's just hope this is more Transporter than Clash of the Titans.  I'm in.  I love the premise and hope the movie executes what's been promised in the trailer.  

No comments: