Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pain and Gain trailer


While I do not post  much about Michael Bay, I do know this much.  Bay will return to the Transformers franchise, with a fourth entry starring Mark Wahlberg.  It started as an internet rumor, and it actually became reality.  I didn't care much about the news, because I lost interest in the Transformers franchise after Revenge of the Suck.  BUT, this seems interesting.  Before Transformers 4, Bay and Wahlberg will release Pain and Gain.  The 'true story' of bodybuilders caught up in an extortion plan gone incredibly wrong.  The movie also stars Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie.  With some comedic relief from Tony Shalhoub, Ed Harris, Rebel Wilson, Ken Jeong and Rob Corddry.  Check out the trailer, and my thoughts after. 


Well, it's definitely a Michael Bay movie.  And unfortunately, to me, that's a bad thing.  The movie reminded me a lot of the Bad Boys films.  Especially the Miami setting and the color and contrast of the film.  I don't know, there's just something about it I didn't like.  If I had to pin point one thing, it would be that the movie doesn't know what it is.  Is it a buddy comedy?  Is it a heist film?  Is it a revenge film?  I guess it's just the first trailer, but I have no idea what category this falls into.  We'll have to wait to see more, but what do you think for now?

No comments: