Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone trailer


Seriously, who doesn't love magic?  How many of us remember being kids, and saying to ourselves, 'how did they do that?'  That kind of wonder is the reason I'm still fascinated by magic.  And there really aren't a ton of movies about magic/magicians.  There are several serious films; one of my favorites being Christopher Nolan's The Prestige.  Check out The Incredible Burt Wonderstone starring Steve Carrell and Steve Buscemi; as lifelong friends, who are magicians in a Las Vegas show.  The characters may, or may not be a spoof of Siegfried and Roy, the famous magicians, who also play in Las Vegas.  They're having a good run, until Jim Carrey's character comes around.  Carrey's character is a Criss Angel type that goes against the duo's beliefs.  Check out the hilarious trailer below, and my thoughts after.


I don't think I've made it a secret, how big of a fan I am of Steve Carrell.  Throw in Buscemi, and Jim Carrey... about magicians!  And I'm in.  I want to see this movie.  The comedic tone is there, the actors are funny as hell, and the spoof element is relevant.  It seems like every year, 'magician' David Blaine has some new publicity stunt that he calls magic.  Much like the main characters locking themselves in a box, Blaine pulled off the stunt in 2003.  I love Alan Arkin, the lovely Olivia Wilde, and James Gandolfini; I want to see this movie!

No comments: