Monday, January 28, 2013

Quickie: J.J. Abrams will direct the next Star Wars film

It was announced this week that J.J. Abrams would take over the Star Wars franchise.  Abrams has been tapped to direct part 7 of the multi-billion dollar franchise.  I have to admit, I don't really care about any of the Star Wars films.  They did nothing for me.  I don't know why, or how it connects with so many damn people.  I don't get it.  But... BUT... I love J.J. Abrams' films!

The man knows how to create character driven films, only using the spectacle to add to the final product.  This is something George Lucas threw out the window with the absurd Episodes 1-3.  This was inevitable by the way.  Since LucasFilms was purchased by Disney, we knew a slew of new films were coming.  I have faith in Abrams, but STILL don't care about Star Wars.

Ps. It's been reported that Abrams will now only produce Star Trek 3 (if green lit), maybe not direct.  We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: