Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Monsters University poster and trailer


Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite Disney Pixar films.  The characters, the story, the animation was a huge step forward for Pixar.  They pretty much hit a home run.  When the sequel was announced a few years ago, we knew the franchise could go in a million different directions.  I'm glad it went this way... backwards.  The movie is a prequel and takes our favorite monsters, Mike & Sully, back to college.  Check out the trailer for Monsters University below, and my thoughts after.


Oh my goodness, I love it.  I can't wait to see this one.  I have been pretty nervous about this film since the sequel was announced.  Let's face it, Cars 2 wasn't exactly an Oscar darling.  But it appears as though Pixar has picked itself up from that sequel disgrace.  I love the creativity that goes into these movies.  They put a 'monster spin' on everything.  We know the animation is going to shine, let's just hope the story matches.  Anyone else skeptical?

No comments: