Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Paul Walker to star in Hitman reboot


For those less familiar with video games, Agent 47 is the main character in the wildly popular series, Hitman. Back in 2007, Xavier Gens directed Timothy Olyphant in the aptly titled film, Hitman.  Today comes news that Paul Walker (Fast & Furious 6), is taking over as the famous assassin.  No news yet on a female lead, played by Olga Kurylenko in the 2007 film.

I really enjoy Paul Walker's films.  And I'm not just talking about the Fast & Furious franchise either.  He really doesn't need to act in those films, no offense to Mr. Walker.  I love his movies like Running Scared and The Lazarus Project. Those characters were intriguing and stood for something, or tried to protect something.

I enjoyed the Hitman film of '07, but look forward to a new look.  It would have been nice to have some continuity with Olyphant returning, but I'm more than ok with Walker's casting.  The first film made over 100 million dollars; I wonder how much this reboot will do.

No comments: