Saturday, March 16, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 poster and red band trailer


I absolutely loved the first Kick-Ass movie.  It had just the right mix of comedy and action.  Now comes the first trailer to the sequel, Kick-Ass 2.  While the director of the first film, Matthew Vaughn, has been replaced by Jeff Wadlow, the cast is all back.  There are also a few new comers to the party.  Check out the trailer below and my thoughts after.  


What do you think of Jim Carrey joining the party?  Pretty cool huh?  A little bit different from what I've ever seen him in and I'm OK with that!  I like the action and premise, but I have to admit, the tone feels different.  And tone is very important in these genre films.  Remember, Kick-Ass is just a normal kid who decided to dress up like a superhero.  There's nothing really all that 'super' about him.  So it can't be TOO crazy.  It has to stay grounded.  I hope the movie doesn't veer too far off the path that Vaughn started.  For now, I like it.  But I need another trailer to decide if I love it.  Check back for updates.

No comments: