Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Latest poster and trailer for Iron Man 3


If you couldn't already tell, I'm getting really excited about the release of Iron Man 3.  The movie is due out May 3.  Check out the latest trailer below, and my thoughts after.



Tony Stark looks like he may be in over his head, huh?  I love the darker tone in this trailer.  And I mentioned this when the first trailer was released, I wonder how they're going to balance this film.  On one hand, you've got the dark and brooding Batman, on the other, a campy do-gooder in Spider-Man.  Iron Man had a tone all its in the first two films, somewhere in between.  The trailer is very effective though.  

It shows much more of the primary villain, The Mandarin; played by Sir Ben Kingsley.  You also get a few glimpses of Don Cheadle playing War Machine (Iron Patriot).  And most of all, you see Robert downey Jr.'s acting chops.  It's obvious that Tony Stark isn't in a very good place, mentally.  The events that took place in The Avengers, have taken it's toll on the billionaire.  It is going to be interesting to see Downey play the character against the grain.  As I mentioned to start this post, I can't wait to see this film.  Who's with me?!

No comments: