Monday, April 15, 2013

Elysium trailer and poster


Elysium is director Neill Blomkamp's follow-up to his epic debut, District 9.  The film stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, William Fichtner and Diego Luna.  Check out the trailer below and my thoughts after.


I love the cast in this film.  All gifted actors with incredible range.  I also love the premise of this film.  To think that there is a Utopian place called Elysium, and the rest of humanity must suffer on Earth, is an intriguing study in Sociology.  Reminds me a lot of the sociological side of District 9, to tell you the truth.  That's not a bad thing either.  The beginning of the trailer grabbed my attention, the end lost it.  By the end of the trailer, there are no more interesting concepts being presented to the audience.  In fact, I compare the ending of the trailer to that of Battle: Los Angeles.  Not exactly a thought provoking film.  I love the cast, love the premise, hate the trailer.  Anyone else feel this way?  I'll reserve judgement until I see the film, but I'm not interested as of right now.

No comments: