Monday, April 15, 2013

First official trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire


It's here everyone!  The first official trailer to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and it... is... a... doozy.  Check it out below and my thoughts after.  


You can see that new director, Francis Lawrence, has stepped it up a notch. I absolutely love the tension building up in this trailer.  And how about the evil Donald Sutherland and Philip Seymour Hoffman plotting the demise of Katniss (Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence)?  You also see Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson return to battle for Katniss' love.  But none of this is the reason I love the trailer.  It's because 'Every Revolution Begins With A Spark'.  

The reason I love this trailer is because of hope.  The notion of hope in the first movie was something that intrgued me, and made me (pun intended), hungry for more!  In my review of the first film, I wrote about it, and it looks like it's coming full circle in the sequel.  I can't wait to see this film.  For me, I'm anticipating it much more than I did the first film.  How about you?  Are you feeling the tone and tension created in the trailer?  Will you be there at midnight Thursday to watch it?  Chime in!

No comments: