Wednesday, April 17, 2013

R.I.P.D. poster and trailer premiere, no thanks


Another Summer, another comic book adaptation starring Ryan Reynolds.  This year comes, R.I.P.D., which of course stands for Rest In Peace Department.  It's about cops dealing with the dead.  The movie is directed by Robert Schwentke (R.E.D.), and co-stars Jeff Bridges, Kevin Bacon and Mary-Louise Parker.  Check out the trailer and my thoughts after.  



Well, I'm not interested.  The look and tone of the film are almost identical to Men In Black.  Hell, Jeff Bridges' character is basically the Tommy Lee Jones character in a trench coat.  The creatures look like the giants in Jack the Giant Slayer; and that is definitely NOT  a compliment.  And last but not least, the fact that the characters appear to look different than they really do, is a pretty lame attempt at humor.  I'm not interested at all.  Unless a new trailer comes out contradicting everything in this one, I'm skipping this film.  I'll call it right now, the movie doesn't open Domestically to a penny over 30 million dollars.  We'll have to wait and see.  

No comments: