Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thor: The Dark World poster and trailer


I really enjoyed the first Thor film back in 2011.  It was a pleasant surprise, that I didn't really see coming.  Director, Alan Taylor, takes over the franchise starring Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman.  This one is titled Thor: The Dark World.  Check out the trailer below and read my thoughts after.


I think it's interesting.  I like the darker tone.  I know I say that all the time, but it's true.  The darker toned films are bringing out the best (and worst) in our caped heroes.  I don't know if showing Loki (played by Tom Hiddleston) was really necessary.  Afterall, he was the primary villain in The Avengers, just last Summer.  And did anyone else notice Thor's female friend on Asgard, Lady Sif, giving Natalie Portman a dirty look?!  This is right out of the pages of the comics, and I love the brief, yet effective, nod to the comics.  Listen, Marvel hasn't let us down yet, except for Iron Man 2.  I have no reason to believe this wasn't a great script, telling a great story.  The actors are all top notch, and the world they inhabit is fascinating.  I'm in!

No comments: