Friday, September 27, 2013

Dumb and Dumber To is really happening!


After an unbelievable on-again off-again ride; the sequel to my FAVORITE comedy of all time, is really happening! Dumb and Dumber To will finally be released next year.  The original Dumb and Dumberstarring Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels, is simply hilarious.  It keeps me laughing from start to finish every time I watch it.

Billy in 4C!  Pretty Bird.
Earlier this week, we got our first glimpse of the two main actors, back in character.  The first film came out in 1994!  It took 20 years, but the Farrelly Brothers finally made it happen.  After Warner Brothers said 'no thanks' and dropped the project,  Universal picked up the rights and has been supporting the project ever since.

Today it was announced that Rob Riggle would be joining the cast.  I love the guy.  He's so funny in everything he does.  Did you see 21 Jump Street?  Come on!  In TV news, Riggle is rumored to star in a spin-off of the insanely funny comedy, Modern Family.  That would be great!

Plot details to the sequel are slim, and quite frankly, I'm glad.  I can't wait to see what the Farrelly Brothers and the cast pull off here.  I'm hopeful it will not be a terrible, meaningless sequel.  Based on the many articles I've read relating to the Farrelly Brothers, the sequel is a passion project they've wanted to see happen for a long time.  So here's hoping it's a great sequel that will remind us how much we love Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne!

No comments: