Saturday, October 5, 2013

Out of the Furnace poster and trailer, starring Christian Bale


Christian Bale stars in the new film, Out of the Furnace, with Casey Affleck.  At it's core, it's a story about brothers.  Check out the trailer below and my thoughts after.  The film is directed by Scott Cooper and also stars Woody Harrelson, Forest Whitaker, Willem Dafoe and Zoe Saldana.  


This looks to be an intense film!  Bale looks like his Oscar worthy self.  I'm a little leery of the Harrelson villain.  It's a bit cartoonish at this point, and I'd like to see more before making a conclusion of course.  Affleck appears to do well, but I'm not buyin' that he's an underground fight club participant.  We see little from Whitaker, Dafoe and Saldana, but I'm sure they're going to bring their A-game to this one.  In my honest opinion, the trailer is not that great.  Not to say the film will not be; but the trailer didn't make me want to see the film.  Bale's inclusion in the film, makes me want to see the film.  So we'll have to wait until December to see if all the pieces come together.  Anyone else interested in this?

No comments: